Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging for Model E?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model E will definitely be capable of Supercharging. Whether it is built in to the standard price of the car or available as a $2K option remains to be seen. However, there is no way that the Model E will be excluded from the Supercharger network. That would make absolutely zero sense.

What do you classify as quick charging? 80 AMP twin chargers?
By quick charging I mean DC charging. I'm picturing a scenario where Model E doesn't have access to the supercharger network, but can still charge on other DC networks with an adapter. I think by the time the Model E comes out, DC charging will either be standard in other vehicles or will be offered as a low cost option.

Personally, I would not buy any EV without DC charging capabilities.

3 pages of speculation when the OP's question can be satisfied with a quick google search? :mad:
Here is reporting on the opening of the very first supercharger stations on the east coast:

Tesla spokeswoman Christina Ra said that someday, all Supercharger stations will be supplied by solar power (which dovetails nicely with another of Tesla mastermind Elon Musk’s companies, Solar City, which went public this month). The stations currently work only with a properly-equipped Model S, but Ms. Ra said, “In the future, all Tesla models will be able to supercharge.

Emphasis mine, source: Tesla opens its first Supercharger stations on the East Coast.

The statement Elon gave in Munich (and that I witnessed in person) was a bit vague, to the terms that "it's highly desirable that supercharging is free for Gen III". We can go on a bit on the pricing, supercharging as an option, but not on Model E being capable of supercharging.