Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharing without an account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm heading to a 3rd Party dealership to examine a Long Range dual motor. Before buying it, I'd like to check out how it charges to see if there are any issues.
How could I charge at a supercharger if I don't have an account yet?
Never been to one so no idea how it works. Can I borrow a friends card/account or something?

The dealer will pay for it. Assuming that you are testing to see if the supercharging is restricted, that idea probably won't work. The reason is that the car might come charged, and supercharging is not very fast above 80%. You'll need to drive it down to 40-60% to get reasonable supercharging speeds. It is possible, but that makes for a long test drive.

I'm heading to a 3rd Party dealership to examine a Long Range dual motor. Before buying it, I'd like to check out how it charges to see if there are any issues.
How could I charge at a supercharger if I don't have an account yet?
Never been to one so no idea how it works. Can I borrow a friends card/account or something?

Payment arrangements are done through the owner of the car's account. No idea what arrangements the dealership has made on that front with the owner.

How did your visit to the car go and what did you learn?