Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Swap cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear fellow Teslians

I know this might be a long shot, but here goes...

I am moving to California for one and a half year. To my deepest regret I realise there is no way in H... that I can charge and operate my 85D "over there", no connector, no converter, no transformer, nothing!

I dont want to sell my 85D, since its just for one and a half year.

So, is there by any change a Californian family in the same situation. Going to Europe and not being able to bring their Tesla Model S?

Hi,

I'm in the process of making a custom adapter for a North American Model S to charge in Europe. I'm sure I could do the same thing in reverse for you. I have a lot of experience making adapters for Tesla Roadster owners in both Europe and US.

Regards,
Henry

Dear fellow Teslians

I know this might be a long shot, but here goes...

I am moving to California for one and a half year. To my deepest regret I realise there is no way in H... that I can charge and operate my 85D "over there", no connector, no converter, no transformer, nothing!

I dont want to sell my 85D, since its just for one and a half year.

So, is there by any change a Californian family in the same situation. Going to Europe and not being able to bring their Tesla Model S?

Hi Bo,

Have you made the move yet? My family is moving to Italy for a year from California. We have a Model X that we'd like to swap with an S or X in Europe. Let me know if you're still looking.

Thanks!