Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping Model 3 Highland LR Bumper with Model 3 Highland Performance Bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow riders,

I'm looking to maybe swap the M3H LR bumper for the M3HP one, and taking a peak at the parts list, it shouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to check if anyone has some experience or guestimation?

As for now, they (Tesla) is not letting me buy one since the VIN doesn't correspond to M3H Performance, but I'll find my way around that problem 😅

Funnily enough, they told me that I can order the carbon spoiler, but it's still not available.

Thanks, cheers

Hello fellow riders,

I'm looking to maybe swap the M3H LR bumper for the M3HP one, and taking a peak at the parts list, it shouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to check if anyone has some experience or guestimation?

As for now, they (Tesla) is not letting me buy one since the VIN doesn't correspond to M3H Performance, but I'll find my way around that problem 😅

Funnily enough, they told me that I can order the carbon spoiler, but it's still not available.

Thanks, cheers
The model 3 performance just started being delivered in the US about 3-4 weeks ago, so probably not much experience on people swapping this kind of thing yet.

Yeah, that's the current state of things, but hopefully, someone will pick up on this thread and leave some feedback. :)

What's the situation in the US of buying parts from Tesla that are not "available" for your model in terms of VIN check, like in the example I mentioned in the first post (can't buy an M3HP bumper if I own an M3HLR)? Do they let you just buy anything, or there needs to be a merit?