Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching from MY Gemini 19" to Uberturbine 21"...."redo alignment" ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

just a quick question. My model Y stock wheels are the Gemini 19" with original tires. 255/45-19 and offset +45

I switch them out to the uberturbine 21" with stock tires. Square setup so all 9.5". 255/35-21 and offset +40

should I redo my alignment? car has 10k miles before I switch out the uberturbine with 7k miles on the tires.

TIA!

Bump: @yellowr6 I was just wondering if you went through with installing a 9.5" wide (Front wheel) square set-up 21" Uberturbine swap on your LR AWD? If so, how has it worked out for you? I am thinking about doing this exact setup on our MY as soon as we take delivery. I am, however thinking of fitting all 4 wheels with 265/35/21 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S+ tires. I would like to go A/S since this will be my wife's daily driver and performance Summer tires really are not necessary. This coupled with the fact there are no A/S in 255/35/21's as of today, the Yoko's are $100 cheaper per tire, and have much better treadwear ratings have me leaning towards the 265's. Slightly worried about range impacts vs 255's but not that much. I wish Yoko had these tires in 255/35's but do not.