Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take this delivery or listen to Tesla SA's advice they will fix it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're buying a brand new car (regardless of price or brand) the expectation is that it's free from all factory defects. That's the starting point. Anyone who thinks otherwise is helping to reward the bad behavior by not requiring that the vehicle be brought up to the expectations of what you're getting for a new product. If someone wants imperfections they'll buy used for about half the price or less.

People need to stop trading their cars into Tesla for $20k below market value and taking delivery of vehicles with known issues. All this does is reward the bad behavior for a company who clearly does the bare minimum (or less) in certain categories just to get by. If a bunch of people started refusing delivery until issues were fixed and Tesla suddenly had a backlog of un-delivered cars that required humans to hand repair they'd address their assembly line issues.

Instead, people keep taking highway robbery offers for their trades which emboldens Tesla to offer less and less and crank out flawed products because people are lined up to buy everything they make. If sales dip to where they start amassing inventory they'll suddenly be forced to address some of their known issues. That's really the only language businesses speak. If they're profitable... they don't care.
well said.

we are in a tesla community forum, but honestly, the quality just sloppy.
take a look at germany, china plants, much better (still not 100% quality assured) but still good, not exceptional, good enough.

we are kinda blind folded, kinda guess-timate on whether I'm "lucky" enough getting a 95% built car vs a 88%... dude come on tesla.

also, another aspect I rejected the VIN is, I need a better commuication. Until this day, I messged tesla three messages, no replies from SA. Called in, was told I'm back in line waiting for a new VIN. I paid off this car after sold my bmw. execuse me, is this a transaction?

lastly, the inconsistency across. some people hoping getting the car produced from fremont with this matrix ligtts; the not so lucky ones got from Austin. WHAT HONKY DONKY business is this? Am I wrong?

Reactions: Mike7564
we are in a tesla community forum, but honestly, the quality just sloppy.
take a look at germany, china plants, much better (still not 100% quality assured) but still good, not exceptional, good enough.

we are kinda blind folded, kinda guess-timate on whether I'm "lucky" enough getting a 95% built car vs a 88%... dude come on tesla.

also, another aspect I rejected the VIN is, I need a better commuication. Until this day, I messged tesla three messages, no replies from SA. Called in, was told I'm back in line waiting for a new VIN. I paid off this car after sold my bmw. execuse me, is this a transaction?

lastly, the inconsistency across. some people hoping getting the car produced from fremont with this matrix ligtts; the not so lucky ones got from Austin. WHAT HONKY DONKY business is this? Am I wrong?
I’d encourage you to look at something else. Some good alternatives nowadays.

My car came with some defects (not of immediate concern that would have made car undriveable) and I just put them in the app as they instructed (at the time however, it was in pandemic and it was a touchless delivery). Generally any defects found within the first couple of days and under 100 miles they will cover as long as you document it thoroughly in the app with pictures. It took a long time for the appointment to come, but they fixed the issues.

Yes, you can reject and wait, but you may be waiting a long time. Tesla's operation is all focused on delivery numbers, which means they don't do as much delivery prep.

I just rejected delivery , because my model y left rt door panel gap was very thin (not specs ) , at bottom and normal at top . Hood was aligned with bumper , but wider gap
Front windshield was tiny misaligned
SA said hood and windshield with specs
Rt door I can bring to align in 5 minutes, but gap between this door and rt back door might be affected . After thinking
I denied delivery.
I don't know if she said the truth. I didn't want to be too picky . That rt door panel gap was very very thin .

Attachments

• 20230518_125548.jpg
    20230518_125548.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230518_125601.jpg
    20230518_125601.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 49
I just rejected delivery , because my model y left rt door panel gap was very thin (not specs ) , at bottom and normal at top . Hood was aligned with bumper , but wider gap
Front windshield was tiny misaligned
SA said hood and windshield with specs
Rt door I can bring to align in 5 minutes, but gap between this door and rt back door might be affected . After thinking
I denied delivery.
I don't know if she said the truth. I didn't want to be too picky . That rt door panel gap was very very thin .
👀