Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Deliver During Winter Time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about taking adventage of the tax credit and buy the P3D+ but living in the midwest (Michigan) my friend said it's not a good idea to receive a new car during the winter (will be receiving 2 months from now). The other option is to order Non-P AWD around January 2019 that way I get all the latest updates and can still take the $3750 tax credit whereas if I buy the Non-P I would get it in January when it's snowing and I don't think I'd like that. Anyone take delivery when it was snowing/winter time?

Also, is it a bad idea to buy P3D in locations that aren't summer year round lol. What are some things I should get? So far I'm thinking winter tires. If anyone can also link me good winter tires to buy that'd be awesome.

I grew up in Detroit and remember that while there were often snow storms, there were also clear days with clear major roads between them.
Maybe just some luck and good timing could get your new car home in relatively clean fashion,

Could also request home delivery on a trailer.