Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery - need some advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been reading some posts on what to look for during inspection. Right now I'm scheduled to get the car delivered to my home.

When taking delivery and accepting, if I find something wrong I should wait for a service appointment to get it fixed, and I also should NOT DRIVE it past 100 miles so I can show it happened within this period. Is this true? Or can I report the issue in the app and they will know that the reporting happened before the 100 miles?

If this is the case, then I should re-route the delivery to a SC location for delivery. But still, if I pick it up, and the delivery is touchless, will there be anyone there to show the problem to and document it within the 100 miles (so I can drive the car past 100 miles) while I wait for a service appointment?

What do you think?

I think this answered it. Thanks if any more comments....

We looked ours over and didn't notice anything amiss when we got it at the service center. Then we started to notice a few super minor things including a misaligned rear bumper, more noticeable in certain lighting, and a steering wheel that was slightly off center. We reported it all when there was a recall a couple of months after taking delivery and took it in for that, they gave us a loaner, kept the car for a weekend and fixed it all. Not one word about "100 miles".

Last week there was another recall for rear seatbelt bolts needing checking, they scheduled a mobile service guy to come out, he did and also asked if there was anything else he should look at. He helped us with something software related (basically explaining something) and also looked up if we were subject to the brake recall. I certainly got the idea that he's be happy to adjust anything else that I may have wanted doing at the time, but there wasn't.

Quite happy with how they've handled things so far, eight months in.

Reactions: labmixz
Not one word about "100 miles".
From someone I spoke to at Tesla earlier in the week, they said 100 mile thing was mainly for scratches, dents, etc, not for "big ticket" items, such as misaligned panels, etc. Which makes complete sense, as if you drove it off the lot and suddenly have a scratch that wasn't there when it was on the lot, it's on the owner.

Bottom line is, inspect everything to the best of your ability and notate what you find.

• Helpful
Reactions: AprilMay
This is great thanks for the info! I’m supposed to take delivery this weekend.
Inspect the car, carefully. You're spending pretty big dough for what is "supposed" to be a high-end luxury car, but probably isn't.

My Y's hood arrived damaged. Wouldn't close. Was told it was an "easy fix" too, just like so many others that Tesla expect others to pay for quality which is about 25% as good as the average Chrysler.