Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Talk about a faux pas from our "favorite" Auto Club.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
GO TO HELL

aaa.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: BluestarE3
1) Websites like this rarely have control over which specific ads show up on the site. They offer an ad slot, it's automatically bid on by advertisers, and the best ad wins.
2) That bidding isn't just over the ad slot — it's over your specific eyeballs. Likely you've recently spent time on an automotive-related website or searched for something about insurance or any number of myriad related topics that would push you to the top of AAA's "I want to advertise insurance to them" list.

Reactions: MXWing
1) Websites like this rarely have control over which specific ads show up on the site. They offer an ad slot, it's automatically bid on by advertisers, and the best ad wins.
2) That bidding isn't just over the ad slot — it's over your specific eyeballs. Likely you've recently spent time on an automotive-related website or searched for something about insurance or any number of myriad related topics that would push you to the top of AAA's "I want to advertise insurance to them" list.

No wonder Google stock is down. It shouldn't give me a AAA ad if I'm a Tesla owner. :D

Yes, I understand how the data mining / targeted advertising works - just had to snap it up knowing it would be humorous for us owners.