Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model X "Forgets" XM Favorites.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again" - BSG. (Peter Pan First).

Well, everyone it appears that even though this was fixed in my 2019X (long after I sued and won) (read about it here).

Tesla is back with an inability to make things such as "wipers" and "radios" work.
But Yeah FSD... that's totally a thing they can do ;).

Anyway, here's the issue: (The car forgets how favorites work after parked 30 min).

I assume it's firmware, and I assume I'm not the only one affected.
I'll put in a polite ticket in a week or so, and go from there.

i have refused to update past 2023.44.1 because of this. that's the last known working version...the holiday update is when it broke for those of us in the model 3 thread.

it is INFURIATING that they have broken this again. i mean, it was broken for over a year then fixed for less than six months before they broke it again. it is hilarious to me that people worship elon like they do when they can't even get simple stuff like this to work correctly across updates.

i said it in another thread, but it bears repeating...as a SWE myself, this makes me angry. i've worked for companies far smaller that had automated tests in place to prevent breaking stuff like this on seemingly every other update. it's both hilarious and sad at the same time, both for tesla as a company and the fanboys who give them a pass on it.

perhaps if elon stopped whining so much about remote work, he'd have a larger talent pool to choose from and be able to hire competent engineers who could put procedures into place to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

Last edited:
I'm glad to know it's not my imagination. I was fairly certain at one point it did work in my 2023X.
I'm curious if they will try to gaslight me this time.
Because clearly I am smart enough to earn enough to buy a $80k car.
But not smart enough to know how "radio work" lol.

Last edited:
Dropped the car off - Tesla acknowledges the issue, however no fix yet.
At least this time they aren't claiming it's "working as designed" ;)

I figure I have some time, but I do have small claims as a last resort.
It may not be a huge problem, but when someone breaks my car, I hold them responsible.

I will say the Tech (I'm not naming names on a public page), was very helpful, understanding and was able to replicate the issue.
A 10x improvement from the previous occurrences on my 2019 Model X.

Reactions: crackers8199
Dropped the car off - Tesla acknowledges the issue, however no fix yet.
At least this time they aren't claiming it's "working as designed" ;)

I figure I have some time, but I do have small claims as a last resort.
It may not be a huge problem, but when someone breaks my car, I hold them responsible.

I will say the Tech (I'm not naming names on a public page), was very helpful, understanding and was able to replicate the issue.
A 10x improvement from the previous occurrences on my 2019 Model X.

considering it took them over a year to fix it the last time this happened, and then they broke it again less than six months later...i'd be shocked if this is fixed before 2025. maybe even 2026.

1710190195024.png