Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tall people - Headroom issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings -

Hopefully my X comes back completely fixed, and I end up keeping it (long story). If I do, I was wondering something - and I apologize in advance, kind of an odd question - but any taller MX owners that are Long Torso'd have issues with your head being uncomfortably close the headliner?

Problem is I cannot find a comfortable spot where my knee clears the bottom left of the center display, while keeping the seat forward enough to clear the headliner. I'm 6'5 with 31.5 inch inseam (I know...), and I didn't notice until recently as I guess I have spent more time with my knees upright and away from the console (long trips) vs. day to day back and forth to work more leg extension. Completely my fault - I realize.

For the long torso'd: Is there somehow a seat setting or..other workaround I am missing? (not likely, I know, but thought I'd put it out there).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Greetings -

Hopefully my X comes back completely fixed, and I end up keeping it (long story). If I do, I was wondering something - and I apologize in advance, kind of an odd question - but any taller MX owners that are Long Torso'd have issues with your head being uncomfortably close the headliner?

Problem is I cannot find a comfortable spot where my knee clears the bottom left of the center display, while keeping the seat forward enough to clear the headliner. I'm 6'5 with 31.5 inch inseam (I know...), and I didn't notice until recently as I guess I have spent more time with my knees upright and away from the console (long trips) vs. day to day back and forth to work more leg extension. Completely my fault - I realize.

For the long torso'd: Is there somehow a seat setting or..other workaround I am missing? (not likely, I know, but thought I'd put it out there).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'm 6'4" (36" inseam) I have the seat all the way back, slightly reclining with the steering wheel extended all the way out and down. hope that helps.

Last edited: