Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes and Jeda hub preorders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the Jeda when I got the email notification this week. That Taptes just seems too cheap to be any good honestly. Hopefully I’m wrong though but I really like my Jeda Pad and Hub that I purchased last year for the 3

I would rather support the American based company that invented the hub than the off-shore company that just copied it.

Interesting as you drive a car made with parts from around the globe but ok. It should be about the better products not where it’s made as that brings some real ugliness to the front now doesn’t it.

Jeda designs them in California... doesn’t say where or whom produces them.

Interesting as you drive a car made with parts from around the globe but ok. It should be about the better products not where it’s made as that brings some real ugliness to the front now doesn’t it.

Jeda designs them in California... doesn’t say where or whom produces them.

Keep it in context. I drive an American car made from parts from around the globe. 75% of those parts made in North America where I am a citizen of 2 out of the 3 countries. I chose to support an American company that makes the Jeda Hub manufactured offshore rather than the offshore based company that copied it. (Copied it is the nice way of saying it). Nothing ugly about that.
I have also purchased Taptes products back when they were unique/original including the slotted dead pedal cover and cup inserts. Both now widely available.

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
Keep it in context. I drive an American car made from parts from around the globe. 75% of those parts made in North America where I am a citizen of 2 out of the 3 countries. I chose to support an American company that makes the Jeda Hub manufactured offshore rather than the offshore based company that copied it. (Copied it is the nice way of saying it). Nothing ugly about that.
I have also purchased Taptes products back when they were unique/original including the slotted dead pedal cover and cup inserts. Both now widely available.

And to again keep it in context, North America is not the just Mexico/U.S./Canada, it includes everything from Panama to Canada. I’m just saying don’t be a snob about Made In America as the U.S & Canada. don’t make much anymore, hence Jeda designed their product then found the cheapest supplier elsewhere to build it and ship it back, could’ve kept that work local but it’d cost $300 instead $79 and they know their market won’t pay that much.

Reactions: Klau2
My problem with Jeda is its way overpriced. It's a USB hub that's made from plastic for $75.

I agree it's overpriced for what it is, but I'd rather pay for a shop designing for the car then copying the design. And Jeda has been a reputable company with lots of support in the community. Finally, I agree that the $25 seems too inexpensive. Apparently yes it is possible to price something too low.

Reactions: KingPaul and Klau2
I agree it's overpriced for what it is, but I'd rather pay for a shop designing for the car then copying the design. And Jeda has been a reputable company with lots of support in the community. Finally, I agree that the $25 seems too inexpensive. Apparently yes it is possible to price something too low.
I know what you mean. Well, seems like Jeda doesn't have promo code for the products once in awhile, but it doesn't work on the Model Y hub.

Beware

Regarding TAPTES I live in HK and they keep promising they will deliver this week every month, so I went to their office in Mong Kok here in Hong Kong TST East where I live just nearby the office - the one they use in all emails and on their website and also called their phone number the number is invalid, busy tone always, and last time decided to I drive my Model 3 to their HK office, it's closed and left many letters on the floor in front of the door

Order number #TAP25493

Taptes I’m waiting 4 months now
F6CB680D-C3B8-4FB2-AC98-E14526BC4B28.jpeg