TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tartan Tesla model S 75D 0-60 video.

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Subevo, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Subevo

Subevo Member

check out my YouTube channel Tartan Tesla
    Just posted a 0-60 video today
    Be kind.

2. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

You posted it in the COMEDY category but I thought it was a bit racy :) Sorry ... best I could do. Mind you, your line was good - "Fastest car I've ever owned, Come on Elon, its a bit slow off the mark" :D

Nice little toy that Draggy, not come across that before. Might be worth a link in your video description?

I think the USA timings are with a one-foot-rollout, probably for the reason you describe.

Are you doing stamp-on-accelerator, or pedal-dance-launch? Not sure if the pedal dance is available on 75 (I presume the "I want my Mommy" mode isn't - that's the press-and-hold override screen button for even higher performance)

Ages since I've done the pedal-dance, from memory it is:
    • Press and continue to hold brake pedal
    • Press accelerator to the floor and release
    • You are still pressing the brake, right? :)
    • Release that when you are ready to go (there's probably a timeout limit)

3. 12Pack

12Pack Member

Lots of discussion in these forums about this , but certainly the non-P models do not launch from a standstill like the P models do - they have a bit of a "laggy" throttle feel. Hence the comparatively pedestrian 0-30 time.