Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit and HOV forms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll answer my own question, since I did end up googling it, rather than just being lazy and waiting for super helpful posts like the one above.

For the California program, there's a very easy online form here: Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
For the California HOV sticker, you can apply with a PDF form here: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/c...d0-74ce63a147d6/reg1000.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=
And for the Federal rebate, it's simply something you claim on your next tax return, you should have the purchase paperwork to show that you took delivery before the various cliff dates in case of audit.

Ian

I took delivery yesterday and last night the DC sent me a PDF detailing how to apply for the CA Tax Credit, HOV sticker etc. with the links included. That was went I found out if one qualifies for the Clean Vehicle Rebate (CA), one cannot apply for the HOV sticker. Did I read it correctly?

There are some income restrictions on the CA rebate that you need to read through to determine if you qualify. If your income is too high you may be limited to just the HOV sticker but not the rebate. You will also need to wait for your license plates to arrive for the HOV stickers although I don’t remember needing a license plate number for the CA rebate. I’m sure you are aware that CA ran out of funds so at this point it’s just a wait list to see if more funding is approved.

Check with your utility company as well to see if they have any rebates. We had a $450 rebate for buying a wall connector plus $1,000 rebate on the Model 3 itself.

There are some income restrictions on the CA rebate that you need to read through to determine if you qualify. If your income is too high you may be limited to just the HOV sticker but not the rebate. You will also need to wait for your license plates to arrive for the HOV stickers although I don’t remember needing a license plate number for the CA rebate. I’m sure you are aware that CA ran out of funds so at this point it’s just a wait list to see if more funding is approved.

Check with your utility company as well to see if they have any rebates. We had a $450 rebate for buying a wall connector plus $1,000 rebate on the Model 3 itself.

Thanks, good info. I'll check with Edison.

Ian