Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taxes & Fees with Tesla Financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else been able to use Tesla financing to include taxes and fees? Currently, loan covers the car itself minus the down payment but was curious to see if they include the additional fees upon request. Tried calling today to ask but says they’re closed — will try again tomorrow but was curious as to others’ experience with this. Thanks!

I was told that government taxes and fees cannot be financed with Tesla's current financing program. In my case, I'd already paid my deposit + a cash down amount but for some reason that amount did not initially go toward the taxes and fees. I asked the delivery agent if this could be adjusted. He emailed Tesla finance with me :cc'd to ask. They replied within 30 minutes and were able to adjust it.

I was told that government taxes and fees cannot be financed with Tesla's current financing program. In my case, I'd already paid my deposit + a cash down amount but for some reason that amount did not initially go toward the taxes and fees. I asked the delivery agent if this could be adjusted. He emailed Tesla finance with me :cc'd to ask. They replied within 30 minutes and were able to adjust it.
Same. My out of pocket was just the tax, title and license at dekivery/signing. I held signing till I looked the car over officially and met my needs/quality.

Tesla don't care whether you finance through them (they just pass you onto a bank) or walk in with your financing in-hand.

So talk to your credit union or your bank, and get everything setup ahead of time.
Especially if you are looking for a high ratio loan....