Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taxes Included vs Excluded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, long time reader but new buyer! I have a question here, and I must have misunderstood something. I was expecting the financed value to include taxes (as it says). Am I confusing things?
B19451C4-69E7-4AB6-9364-4965000ABC86.jpeg

I live in Iowa and took delivery a couple weeks ago in Minneapolis, MN. They did not collect taxes and fees. They did provide me a 30-day temporary tag (from MN). I am still awaiting the self-registration packet. I have read other stories where they send another 30-day tag to give buy more time.

"Depending on your state, Tesla will either handle titling and registration for you, or process and mail you the documents you'll need to complete registration at your state’s motor vehicle department." LINK

AL*, AK*, AR*, DE, IA*, KS*, KY, LA, ME*, MO*, MS*, MT*, NE, NH, NM*, ND*, OK, PR, SC*, SD*, TX*, VT*, WV*, WI, WY*Tesla will mail you a self-registration packet.
Tesla will mail the documents you'll need to complete registration. Any registration fees will be calculated and collected at the time of registration.
*Note: If you lease from Tesla in a Tesla leasing state, Tesla will complete the registration and titling. Wet-signed registration documents are required at delivery.