Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

technical difficulties adding 3rd party financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I currently have my payment set to cash. With my first EDD date arriving in a few weeks. I applied for 3rd party financing to try to get ahead of yet another rate increase. I have tried multiple time to switch from cash to 3rd party financing. every time I try it says "Technical difficulties" try again later. I have emailed my local SA and chatted with Tesla.com several times and no one can fix it nor do they seem to care. They are basically saying just leave it cash and when you get a vin give us the info. I'm good with that but I'm concerned if they cant enter a lender now, will they be able to then when its necessary? I have seen a few posts on here with similar issues yet no one ever says how it turned out or what fixed it. If anyone has any info on this issue I would appreciate it. Thanks

Don't try to talk with a particular SA. Anyone who answers the phone can fix your sales record. I never talked with my assigned SA until delivery day. Anything on your financing can be changed anytime until delivery. Just don't pay until you see and accept the car. They all work for Tesla without commission. Buying a Tesla is like paying taxes to the government or working with a huge bureaucracy. You are just another person.

Upvote 0
Don't try to talk with a particular SA. Anyone who answers the phone can fix your sales record. I never talked with my assigned SA until delivery day. Anything on your financing can be changed anytime until delivery. Just don't pay until you see and accept the car. They all work for Tesla without commission. Buying a Tesla is like paying taxes to the government or working with a huge bureaucracy. You are just another person.
The only reason I talked to my local sa was because the two different random ones I contacted at Tesla.com said to contact them when they couldn’t fix the issue

Upvote 0