Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little better than my old 3 with the Teins dialed to be pretty soft. Competent, but not super sporty. A good balance for a daily driver. I think the softer Highland setup with some aftermarket swaybars would be the ticket for someone looking for the best balance of ride and handling.

I drove a Highland Performance last week, and that was a totally different beast--but also rode surprisingly well compared to the older 3. Too bad I don't think the '24+ Performance suspension will be retrofit-able(?) onto an older car.

A little better than my old 3 with the Teins dialed to be pretty soft. Competent, but not super sporty. A good balance for a daily driver. I think the softer Highland setup with some aftermarket swaybars would be the ticket for someone looking for the best balance of ride and handling.

I drove a Highland Performance last week, and that was a totally different beast--but also rode surprisingly well compared to the older 3. Too bad I don't think the '24+ Performance suspension will be retrofit-able(?) onto an older car.
That’s the thing, if I pick up highland parts for my car then I’ll have to give up some of the handling. Hopefully MPP adjustable can smooth it out somewhat.

I was also able to adjust the rear dampers by jacking up car high enough for the wheel to droop down and have access to the black rubber buttons to adjust. I set it to 10. So now I have Front 8 clicks and Rear 10 clicks. Drove it to work the past 2 days and the ride is much better from first having it at 10/12. It is still very comfortable though, and here's what I think so far.

10/12: Comfortable on local streets and freeway and absorbs very well, but car feels very floaty and like a boat. Going over speed bumps will have lot of bounce and if slightly going over too fast, will bottom out.

8/10: Still comfortable on local streets and freeway and can feel slightly stiffer. Going over speed bumps still have bounce but is lesser and if slightly going over too fast, it is better but i can almost feel it is close to bottoming out.

Next thing I'll try is setting to 6/8 or 4/6 and hopefully it will be just right for stiffness and comfortability and possibly get rid of any bounce or fear of bottoming out if going over speed bumps slightly too fast, or at least to improve absorbing it and over bumps in road or freeway.

What are your overall experiences for the damper settings?
Enjoyed your thread. I've encountered nearly an exact experience. I've had my Tein Flex Z installed on my MY and although I'm happy with the stance, my current setting at 12/12 (soft 16 - 0 stiff) I feel like i'm hitting waves in the pacific ocean as its bouncy with recoil.

your comments on 8/10 was very helpful and to be clear, we are saying 8 front and 10 rear counterclockwise clicks from full stiffness at 0? With that said, at 8/10 you still felt the rear to be touch bouncy and if so what did you think about the 6/8? I too drive my kids daily and although they enjoy the roller-coaster feel to the current setting, I would much prefer a composed and smoother ride. What about 7/9? Would appreciate your experience. Thanks!