Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tempe, AZ delivery went well, from thrilled 1st time owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not an obsessed fan, nor someone with a lot of money for fancy cars, but after driving a friend's S years ago, I have spent my horrendous commute each day dreaming of a Tesla.
I planned to wait for the base $35k model, and even decided to go with a bolt while I waited, but I just kept going back to that M3 purchase page until I finally went for it. I had planned on waiting 4 months, then got the call 2 days later! I was pretty concerned hearing about several friends' recent qual issues, and then having delivery delayed for dents in my brand new car, but last night I got to drive home in an awesome, unique, fun car that made it all worth it.
Found some minor glass alignment issues, but no sign of damage from dents, no major issues, delivery people were super patient and helpful assuring me that would all be taken care of. I am happy.
To all those still waiting and nervous like I was, there are good experiences, good luck!

I am not an obsessed fan, nor someone with a lot of money for fancy cars, but after driving a friend's S years ago, I have spent my horrendous commute each day dreaming of a Tesla.
I planned to wait for the base $35k model, and even decided to go with a bolt while I waited, but I just kept going back to that M3 purchase page until I finally went for it. I had planned on waiting 4 months, then got the call 2 days later! I was pretty concerned hearing about several friends' recent qual issues, and then having delivery delayed for dents in my brand new car, but last night I got to drive home in an awesome, unique, fun car that made it all worth it.
Found some minor glass alignment issues, but no sign of damage from dents, no major issues, delivery people were super patient and helpful assuring me that would all be taken care of. I am happy.
To all those still waiting and nervous like I was, there are good experiences, good luck!

Congrats.. good story too :).. enjoy the well deserved ride for years to come.

Reactions: maingirl22
Congrats.. good story too :).. enjoy the well deserved ride for years to come.
I am glad everything went well. I am picking my car from same location next week, and also hoping to get a near flawless car. Is that delivery center busy?

I am glad everything went well. I am picking my car from same location next week, and also hoping to get a near flawless car. Is that delivery center busy?

I went tue at 6pm and we were the last ones. He told me they had 80 appointments saturday, so weeknights might be the sweet spot. Good luck, don't feel rushed, take your time to check everything out so it's documented that it needs to be fixed.
Also, you might want to ask them to make sure the detail team cleans the rubber on exterior. Mine had layer of dust covering all the rubber seals around the roof glass and windows, and it definitely detracts from the newness of the car. You can tell these cars were sitting out during haboobs because it is really in there. Not huge deal, but i don't want a hard to clean brown outline breaking up my shiny new car.
They told me they'd get it cleaned when i take mine in for the other minor fixes, which is totally fine, i just don't want to have to do it :)
I assure you I will not be leaving this car outside during haboob season here!