Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary Turning off Location in the App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there is a way to temporary disable the location feature in the app? I know that it is a very useful feature and 99.9% of the time I want it active. However, there may be time where I want to temporary disable this feature for privacy reason. Can it be done?

I believe you can disable Mobile Access completely. Maybe that will eliminate tracking you while you do stuff you don't want you spouse to know.

Alternatively, you can drive your other vehicle (if you own one), that isn't a Tesla or rent one or even take Uber if you need your whereabouts kept secret.
I guess that would work. Not that I am trying to hide from spouse or anything, yet. Just want to know my options.

Disable mobile access and then your wife or girlfriend can’t track the car in their app.
Otherwise consider a car from the 80s that had no way to be tracked.

but then again your iPhone is always watching so consider leaving that at home along with your Apple Watch and any other piece of electronics.

Disable mobile access and then your wife or girlfriend can’t track the car in their app.
Otherwise consider a car from the 80s that had no way to be tracked.

but then again your iPhone is always watching so consider leaving that at home along with your Apple Watch and any other piece of electronics.

You shouldn’t assume anyone is “straight”. He might have a husband or boyfriend it a wife or girlfriend. I have a husband. I don’t need to disable tracking though. That’s his business though. He just wanted advice on how to go about it.

if you disable mobile access to stop transmitting location you lose all the other mobile functions as well :-( Don't see any way to disable location of car being transmitted without losing all the other mobile app functions and features. Am I wrong?