Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terminate Lease Early

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the refreshed Model 3 in February. I went through the quote in the app to get the early term fee and it's $1080 based on my currently mileage. I like the car but just don't drive it enough and prefer driving my other vehicles. My question is to anyone who has done this, or turned in their lease.. Did you have to go to the place you picked up your vehicle? In my case they made me pick up in NYC (I'm 7 hours and 500 miles on the other side of the state). There is a service center a couple hours away. If I have to take it to NY City to drop it off, it's going to add mileage and increase the cost of the early termination fee.

They will probably adjust the final fees when the vehicle is returned. That 1080 is probably just an estimate.

As for returning it to a specific sc, I don't know. You can try to call or swing by the local sc and ask them. You can try to demand a closer return but they don't really have any incentive to accommodate you.

Good luck.