Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early lease termination payment keeps rising

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A
7qjnma2wdqcc1.jpeg
fter every lease payment the early lease fee keeps going up, is this normal? Lease ends in Feb 2025

I don't know if it's normal, but compare all the numbers if you can.

My guess is that when you terminate the lease early, they use the difference between the lease balance (price - cap reduction - payments) and their estimated current vehicle value (Vehicle Value) to calculate the balance, and I assume that they're depreciating the current vehicle value by more than your monthly payment, so the payoff amount is increasing.

Seems like you need a different way out.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjrandorin
I don't know if it's normal, but compare all the numbers if you can.

My guess is that when you terminate the lease early, they use the difference between the lease balance (price - cap reduction - payments) and their estimated current vehicle value (Vehicle Value) to calculate the balance, and I assume that they're depreciating the current vehicle value by more than your monthly payment, so the payoff amount is increasing.

Seems like you need a different way out.
If this trend continues, will probably have to get a new car this summer and keep the Tesla on the side just making the monthly payments till the lease is over

Absolutely! Doesn't make sense to turn it in early and have to pay almost $9K. Make the remaining payments and get use out of the car then. What year is it and how many miles? Trying to figure out how your $49,000 car is now only worth $21,800?
If this trend continues, will probably have to get a new car this summer and keep the Tesla on the side just making the monthly payments till the lease is over

Reactions: mpgxsvcd