Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible Bluetooth Call Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For everyone that has patties with noise heard by the B party at speed and not when car is stationary. I pulled to cover above the mirror where the microphones are and I put on top of it a half inch thick sponge layer. Put it back in. Best BT I ever head on any car by far. Too much noise coming in through the glass roof.

I tried pulling down on the cover a bit but I'm afraid to break something. If this really is a good solution, I'd love to see a pic if you get a chance. I'm sure a lot of others would too, since this seems like a common problem!!

I just purchased a 2020 Model X, and I have the same problem with Bluetooth. I can hear calls but they can't hear me because of an echo.
I love my car but can't believe this problem has been happening for so long.
I am looking for a solution because using my phone speaker is not safe.
Hello. Same for me and same type car, Tesla X 2020. The service center told me it’s a known issue with iPhones & Tesla.

For everyone that has patties with noise heard by the B party at speed and not when car is stationary. I pulled to cover above the mirror where the microphones are and I put on top of it a half inch thick sponge layer. Put it back in. Best BT I ever head on any car by far. Too much noise coming in through the glass roof.
Thanks for the tip. This solved the problem for my 2016 S. Best I ever got on this blog. I was going nuts. Considered getting rid of the car. Not now thanks to your "Pearl of Wisdom".