Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla “Vegan Leather” care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rubbing alcohol just like the instructions said. I did discover that the material you use it with has a distinct effect. I tried it once wiping it with ordinary cloth and rubbing alcohol and nothing really happened. Then I did it with these small make-up remover pads. AMAZING! The pads turned all blue from the dye transfer from jeans. I just wish I could find the same material but a bit bigger as these pads are rather small.

• Informative
Reactions: Corsair and Doctt
Could you elaborate about “Vegan Leather “?
What is the difference with "skai" (ie: plastic)?
Does Vegan mean "plastic" or "based on natural material, such as pineapple or bamboo"?

It may be easier to know how to clean with that information in mind.

Thanks, so we just have to read the cleaning instructions, and that's it:

One of the best ways to keep Ultrafabrics looking great is through proper maintenance and regular cleaning to prevent excessive dirt from accumulating.

To help keep your quality fabrics looking their best, follow these guidelines to extend the life of the fabric:

• Wipe up spills as soon as they occur
• Clean with soap and water or alcohol based cleaners
• Sanitize using disinfectants such as (1:5) bleach/water solution
• For stubborn stains, wipe off with isopropyl alcohol as soon as possible* • Thoroughly rinse all solution residue with clean water
• Air dry

This information is not a guarantee. Please use all cleaning and disinfecting agents safely and as instructed. The use of other cleaning agents, disinfectants, conditioners or protectants is not recommended and can degrade fabric’s performance and may void Ultrafabrics warranty.

Source: https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/sit...ns/care_and_cleaning/CleaningInstructions.pdf