Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold Tesla 2nd gen HPWC (wall connector)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, this is 100 AMP unit!!! Can’t buy them from Tesla anymore, they downgraded to 50 AMP version.
Looks like prices are going up starting at $800 on eBay/Amazon, so I am firm at $500.
I bought it to pair with my existing HPWC and afterwards learned that I will need to do quick disconnect, junction box, maybe even separate electrical box which will require to apply for permit - I am not going to go that far.
Good used condition, comes in original box with hardware and instructions. Located in Phoenix,AZ. Shipping available at extra $50.
Thanks

Attachments

• 9CCAC4FE-230D-4569-BA96-8AB53CC93953.png
    9CCAC4FE-230D-4569-BA96-8AB53CC93953.png
    650.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 1EB70FC4-217D-4CB5-8660-98C3FFBDCF07.png
    1EB70FC4-217D-4CB5-8660-98C3FFBDCF07.png
    391.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 1FB218FE-533B-414E-9A71-2ACE5211DDE3.png
    1FB218FE-533B-414E-9A71-2ACE5211DDE3.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 58
I bought it to pair with my existing HPWC and afterwards learned that I will need to do quick disconnect, junction box, maybe even separate electrical box which will require to apply for permit - I am not going to go that far.

Not looking to buy, just responding to the installation details.

If you are feeding it with a greater than 60A circuit now it should have an electrical disconnect in front of it already, unless the circuit breaker is "near by". If you are staying 60A or below, you still don't need a disconnect.

You would need a junction box where both feeds for the HPWC's would join together, and you would need to run the RS485 cable through the conduit, or near by the power wires if using Romex. Junction boxes aren't "special" and for this it could be simple as a $5 box with wire bolts and proper insulation.

As far as permits are concerned, every town has their own rules. In my town this wouldn't require a permit as this is just changing the equipment connected to an existing circuit. If I was running a new circuit, then they would want a permit.

In summary, many electricians see a Tesla and immediately double or triple their price. It sucks. If you want me to reference the NEC code for the 60A requirement I can dig it up again.

I don't work as an electrician, however I do my own electrical work and I get permits and inspections on it. I have also read the last two NEC code books in the areas around EVSE. I can provide a link and references to the relevant parts for your job.

I am considering this item sold.
Two people are ready to purchase (and I was nice enough to let local company borrow it yesterday for video shoot - so can’t even do a transaction and shipping at this current moment).
Now, how do I close/delete this thread?