Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 highland rear screen still on after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that I had read that the last update was supposed to turn off the rear screen when the back seats were unoccupied. Mine stays on all the time and it makes the rear portion of the armrest hot. I looked through the options and don’t see a new one to toggle it on or off, just the lock option. Has anyone else noticed if their rear screen is off after the new update, or am I missing the option to turn it off? No junk in the back or on the back seat to make the car think that the rear is occupied.

I checked the release notes in car. The note is there that the rear screen will be off to save energy. Strangely enough when I left work yesterday I checked and the screen was on as usual. I did some errands and looked back at it a half hour later and it was off…. It stayed off for my hour drive home.

Reactions: Jangy
Nothing is lit to indicate a passenger or baby seat. Only thing in the back is the windshield sun screen. That’s on the floor, if I touch the rear screen (accidentally) while retrieving or stowing the sun shade it turns on the rear climate control. I was initially thinking that I was touching the screen by accident and Turing it on, but I have since been careful of that and usually check the screen before I even drive.