Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After market rear screen install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this connects an Android device of unknown security to your cars canbus while also joining wifi and bluetooth networks. So a remote exploit could disable AP while you are driving, move your seat and wheel around, lock you out, change regen while you are driving etc.

Hard no from me.

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
So this connects an Android device of unknown security to your cars canbus while also joining wifi and bluetooth networks. So a remote exploit could disable AP while you are driving, move your seat and wheel around, lock you out, change regen while you are driving etc.

Hard no from me.
I guess that's one way of looking at it 😂

Buyer beware!

• Funny
Reactions: Js1977

Hard no from me.
I'd be more concerned about it simply sending crap over the canbus or shorting out and flat out breaking something.

Seem more than enough "coincidental" stories of junk being connected and then the main screen breaking and Tesla refusing replacement to dare risk it.

Hard no from me.
First you get your tin hat on and then wrap the device in tin foil and then you wrap the car in tin foil as well (not necessarily in that order)... Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not out to get you ... Every day is all about what is the odds...Im sure the OP calculated his but fair point ;)

First you get your tin hat on and then wrap the device in tin foil and then you wrap the car in tin foil as well (not necessarily in that order)... Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not out to get you ... Every day is all about what is the odds...Im sure the OP calculated his but fair point ;)
What were the odds that people would figure out a way to decode the Model S keyfobs 40 bit encryption, what was the odds that someone would figure out how to access the Model S computer and reset it in such a way that it would start without a key. There are large numbers of people developing exploits and sharing them with criminals.
Tesla invest lots of effort into the security of their products, do you think that the Chinese company behind this do anything? It was interesting to see that Xiaomi SU7 car recently where you could shout 'Open Boot' at a locked car from outside and it would oblige.