Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Account support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model 3 two weeks ago today and on the way home from Heathrow i emailed [email protected] asking them to link my new Model 3 to my Tesla account but I havent heard anything from them what so ever.

Is that normal? does anyone know anyone else I can contact for the same thing?

Using the card to unlock the car is getting annoying as well as not being able to see charge level etc. and not getting free supercharger miles. Its spoiling the experience slightly.

I sent all this stuff to the lease company who said they know someone at Tesla for this stuff but i think they just emailed the same address as me.

Emailing UK parts is totally different however, they have an automated response to let you know they have your email and that someone will get back to you (and they do)

I would have thought that all of this would have been done for you when you picked the car up? From what I have seen in numerous videos and reading other people's pick up experiences the person dealing with your hangover takes you through everything and sets you up before you leave.

Did you not get a full walk through? If not then I would certainly be aggrieved! :(

I would have thought that all of this would have been done for you when you picked the car up? From what I have seen in numerous videos and reading other people's pick up experiences the person dealing with your hangover takes you through everything and sets you up before you leave.

Did you not get a full walk through? If not then I would certainly be aggrieved! :(

I think it depends on how you order the car, if you order direct with Tesla you get to see everything in the app from the moment you place the order and they automatically link your car to your account so at pickup they just enable mobile access and away you go.

Some lease companies order the car in their name and dont link it to your Tesla account so you dont get to see anything and then sort it out after. When i picked up the car and asked about it they told me to email account support and what info to send them to get it setup, they said they couldnt do it.

Maybe ill ring the delivery team tomorrow and see if they can do anything, from another post it sounds like people phoning Tesla lately are getting through much quicker.

Ah - I didn't know that. That is really annoying!

Yeah from what I can see people are getting through quicker (and actually getting through full stop! which is progress :D).

Good luck in getting it sorted - hope it all gets bottomed out fast so you can go and enjoy the car properly :)