Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app and reporting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Tesla solar panels installed back in April, but one thing that I could never figure out, if it's even possible, is getting better reporting of my energy consumption and solar energy created by the panels. What I mean is that under "impact" I can only see the current month. I have option of picking today, yesterday, week, month, and year but I can only pick current month, current year, and so on.

Does anybody know if it's possible to obtain better reporting. I'm trying to get exact date ranges, so I can compare against my electricity bill.

I had my Tesla solar panels installed back in April, but one thing that I could never figure out, if it's even possible, is getting better reporting of my energy consumption and solar energy created by the panels. What I mean is that under "impact" I can only see the current month. I have option of picking today, yesterday, week, month, and year but I can only pick current month, current year, and so on.

Does anybody know if it's possible to obtain better reporting. I'm trying to get exact date ranges, so I can compare against my electricity bill.
Get a separate monitoring system:
* Sense has huge and detailed DB capabilities -- though you can't download any of it. Its extremely expensive UI is beautiful and sampled at the second level. They don't support entry of TOU, FiT, etc for costs estimation, so all that beautiful UI is useless for cost reporting. IFTTT integration is primitive with On/Off for devices it detected. Forget if your devices decided to idle, or has never been detected by Sense.

* Neurio also seems to have huge DB capabilities -- but its UI is crap. IFTTT integration is grand, TOU support is very slightly broken, and same hardware Backup-Gateway uses.

* build your own monitoring from Neurio's/Tesla Gateway's API and upload to PVOutput. You get detailed graphs, comparisons, analysis reporting and whatever PVO has built over the years. Download/migrate data anytime. PVO has extremely fine granularity for TOU cost estimation with support for multiple date-range enabled TOU plans, FiT, demand charges, daily costs, etc. Quality depends on data uploaded, and limited to 5-minute intervals.

If you have a smart meter and your utility supports it, then get a Rainforest Eagle device (or another compatible, so-called HAN device). It communicates with your smart meter via a ZigBee protocol and uploads your data to their portal, from which you can route it to PV Output (pvoutput.org). You can also set up a server from your local network to upload data directly from the Powerwall to PV Output (without the Rainforest Eagle). There are some nifty smartphone apps that can read the PV Output data (or you can view it directly on a web browser).