Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app and solar edge reporting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, so still new to the system so I’m still trying to figure everything out.

I have a solar edge 7600 inverter and an 8.19kwh solar system

when I look at the Tesla app and look at instant production number, I assume that is AC watts?

the inverter specified that you can input up to 11k dc watts but a maximum output of 7600 ac watts. What does this mean?

I ask because I am in the process of adding 3 more panels to my house for a total system size of 9.1kwh but from 11am-3pm I frequently see my production hit 7.4-7.6kw. Will my inverter be too small to handle this?

Wecome!

1) Assuming 8.19 KW-DC then... Correct, AC watts

2) It depends on the specific inverter you have:

For the SE7600H-US, the max output is 7,600 W with an inverter efficiency of 98% (Likely)
For the SE7600A-US, the max output is 8,350 W with an inverter efficiency of 98%​

The max power output of the inverter can not exceed this value. There are losses in converting DC to AC, weather, seasonality, and degradation. The 11,800 W-DC limit/allowance accounts for this. Solar arrays are typically over-sized (5-25%) to maximize inverter efficiency. Your system is 7.8% ((8.19-7.6)/7.6) oversized. See this discussion on solar clipping.

3) The 3 new panels will come out to 20% ((9.1-7.6)/7.6) overproduction as the inverter is sized/optimized to the original number of solar panels. Additional panels may be used to mitigate for the natural degradation of the panel, how clean they are, and produce a bit more outside of the peak production. You will not see an increase over your rated inverter limit of 7.6 KW.

Last edited: