Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overproduction error on Tesla inverter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
My Tesla inverter is lying about it's production. Now if I log into the inverter itself, it's showing the correct amount but the app is showing more than 50% more than it's actually making. It's a 3.8 kw Tesla inverter which about two months ago started showing way more production than it actually makes in the app. I have an 8.16 kw system as well and the app is showing the proper total production between the two systems combined but when I show just the Tesla inverter production, it's way too high. Is this a CT that's in the TEG itself on the breaker the Tesla inverter is going through? Not sure why they would do it this way since the inverter web page itself shows the correct production so why would they being using separate CT?

The total production which is correct (combined 8.16 kw system using 7.9 kw SE inverter with 4.8 kw system using 3.8 kw Tesla inverter inverter
Screenshot_20240412_135230_Tesla.jpg_compressed.JPEG

The production of just the Tesla inverter which is the smaller system.
Screenshot_20240412_135148_Tesla.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Tesla has been no help. They claim the output is normal and it's no problem for my 3.8 kw Tesla inverter to show 6.1 kw of peak production even though the actual inverters web page when you log in directly is only showing 3.7 kw at the the same time the app shows 6.1 kw.

So there's only 1 CT in the TEG and disconnecting that results in the global indicator going to 0 while the dedicated page in the app for the Tesla inverter still shows the same overproduction.

No CT in the tesla inverter cabinet so it must be getting that number from the API yet the internal page on the Tesla inverter shows the correct production. Seems like some sort of software configuration issue.