Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app question: X kw output

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210320-144129_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-144129_Tesla.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 85
I guess I am not understanding what you are pointing out in the screenshots. Your first screenshot shows 4kW output, your second one shows 2.5kW output. That number at the top of the screen is "output right now". The graph is "recorded output".

What are you pointing out between the two screenshots?

Reactions: Wannaretire
Understood thanks. What was throwing me off was it showed this same number when I flicked thru past days. I now understand it's a live number for right now, regardless what day your on...

Ahh, I see your confusion now. Yeah that number at the top is "right now" generation (or as close to "right now" as your system can show you).

Reactions: Wannaretire
My 6.8kW system showed over 7kW the other day, that was interesting!
Was it showing that while the actual output was 0? That is what the graph looks like. That said, it is entirely possible for that to happen, most likely due to the cloud edge effect, where you can see a big, temporary spike in output.

As a side-note, I do not see the instantaneous output number on the same screen as the production graph - I don't know if that is for solar-only, or some other setting, but it is kind of a nice feature.

Was it showing that while the actual output was 0? That is what the graph looks like. That said, it is entirely possible for that to happen, most likely due to the cloud edge effect, where you can see a big, temporary spike in output.

As a side-note, I do not see the instantaneous output number on the same screen as the production graph - I don't know if that is for solar-only, or some other setting, but it is kind of a nice feature.
Cool! Yes, I have solar only right now, with no power blaster so the app only reports output to the graph every 15 minutes. It is often the case that a cloud came through during the previous reporting, then goes by so my instantaneous shows output prior to the next 15 minute graph update...