Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at the 2009 LA Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that would like to see the "World's Most Bespoke Tesla" it will be on display at the L.A. Auto downstairs in Kentia Hall in the Al & Eds Autosound booth. Please stop by and check it out or for more information please go to Al & Ed’s Autosound West Hollywood Store » Tesla Motors

Attachments

• bb-tesla.jpg
    bb-tesla.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 128
  • bb-tesla-1.jpg
    bb-tesla-1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 383
  • bb-tesla-5.jpg
    bb-tesla-5.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 395
  • bb-tesla-7.jpg
    bb-tesla-7.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 127
  • bb-tesla-19.jpg
    bb-tesla-19.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 439
Tesla MIA?

I went to the 2009 LA Auto Show. My mistake. There was no Tesla presence there (except in the Al & Ed's Booth). In the Yokohama booth sits a Prius where the Roadster was 2 years ago. Since I was wearing some Tesla gear, people were randomly coming up to me and asking me where the Tesla booth was as they were interested in the 'S.' Fisker had a big presence even though he had 2 cars, neither of which are yet ready for prime time. Tesla: Opportunity lost? :confused:

Last edited:
Definitely an opportunity lost. But it is also an expensive opportunity.
The only reason Tesla when to the Detroit Auto Show was because the space was extremely cheap, due to everyone else dropping out.

The LA Auto Show is also one of those expensive shows. Perhaps it was just determined that the cost is not worth it.

How can Fisker, a company with no production cars and only two pretty non-working concept cars, find the cost to attend the show justifiable while Tesla, a profitable company with actual production vehicles, find it "too expensive" to attend the show? Bad move on Tesla's part. :frown:

How can Fisker, a company with no production cars and only two pretty non-working concept cars, find the cost to attend the show justifiable while Tesla, a profitable company with actual production vehicles, find it "too expensive" to attend the show? Bad move on Tesla's part. :frown:

Imho Fisker is all hat and no cattle. Although I agree that Tesla probably missed an opportunity.

I think it has to do with the fact that if they want their cars to be a success, they're going to need ALL the promotion they can get (and I'd imagine L.A. is one of their most important markets) seeing that they are trying to sell an idea that hasn't been done before.

They can also make a lot more Karmas than Teslas Roadsters and since they got higher costs and lower margins they NEED to sell a big lot as soon as they go off the production line. Tesla doesn't seem to have a big problem with the cars piling up. Hence until they've got the Model S closer to production they are back in some sort of stealth mode I suppose...

Cobos