Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Autopilot upgrade question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

-cashew-

Mar 27, 2023
USA
Hey everyone!

I am new to the teslas and currently am looking at getting a used model 3 performance. I noticed it has “autopilot safety features” but not actual autopilot. How much would it cost me to add regular basic autopilot to this vehicle? I attached an image of the software screen. Thank you all!

Attachments

• 6E229EEB-4E29-4568-B2C5-F900C21F8875.jpeg
    6E229EEB-4E29-4568-B2C5-F900C21F8875.jpeg
    430.4 KB · Views: 178
Basic autopilot is probably going to be 3k ($3,000), and that vehicle also does not have the latest hardware (version 3.0), it has computer version 2.5. it can be upgraded to 3.0 for more $$. I dont know how much more though I bought all that with my car in 2018 when I bought it.

Basic autopilot is probably going to be 3k ($3,000), and that vehicle also does not have the latest hardware (version 3.0), it has computer version 2.5. it can be upgraded to 3.0 for more $$. I dont know how much more though I bought all that with my car in 2018 when I bought it.
My frigging point i am giving to everyone is the fact that the car comes as standard with autopilot, It allows the car to stay in the lane on it's own, 1: Sorry for opening my mouth - (Don't know why your specifically targeting my to give out about) & 2: Cool your jets.

(Don't know why your specifically targeting my to give out about

Because its is absolutely, positively, 100% wrong, and you keep trying to post it to advise someone who hasnt been on TMC since the original post, in a thread that had no activity since March in this year, to give out 100% wrong information.

2018 Model 3s did not come standard with any autopilot features at all, and thats the vehicle the OP was asking about, a 2018 model 3). So, you keep repeatedly trying to post information in an older thread, to a person who made a purchasing decision a long time ago, and its wrong, at least in the US where this car and person are.

I have this exact version of the car myself (a 2018 model 3 performance) and I bought it new, so I know exactly how they came then. There was no "autopilot" at that time, only enhanced autopilot and FSD. In fact you couldnt even purchase FSD at all in december of 2018, only enhanced autopilot.

Anyone who bought a 2018 model 3 new, and did not buy enhanced autopilot, and never traded the car into Tesla, then sold it private party, that car will NOT have any autopilot functionality other than Autopilot Safety features, like this car.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and E90alex