Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla causing problems with lease transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contacted them many times and they blame DMV for not sending the title. Now they want to request title again from DMV, but don't guarantee they'll ever get the title. This is happening with a lot of people. Tesla strings people along.
I don't think they "string people along".
This is only your second post so I get the feeling you made an account just to vent/complain.
This isn't a Tesla run forum.

It sounds like you're unsure who to blame either. Tesla or DMV.

I spoke with DMV and they have NOT received ANY request EVER for the title. What do I do?

Perhaps you are under the impression that this site has some sort of link or "in" with Tesla, and it does not. it is not affiliated in any way with Tesla, we do not have any contacts we can provide you to pursue this further with, etc. This is a tesla enthusiast website, but it does not have any official link to tesla. You will need to continue to pursue this with whatever avenues you have been pursuing it at Tesla.

I mention this because it appears to me that you joined this site to post this thread, which is fine, but there is nothing we can do to help you with this.

Perhaps you are under the impression that this site has some sort of link or "in" with Tesla, and it does not. it is not affiliated in any way with Tesla, we do not have any contacts we can provide you to pursue this further with, etc. This is a tesla enthusiast website, but it does not have any official link to tesla. You will need to continue to pursue this with whatever avenues you have been pursuing it at Tesla.

I mention this because it appears to me that you joined this site to post this thread, which is fine, but there is nothing we can do to help you with this.
That's a bit cold. Another way to look at the OP is a guy asking for help from someone here that may have dealt with the issue. Stomping them is a sure way to make them go away...
FWIW. ;)

Hello, How did this work out? Also, having issue. Tesla app provided a date within a week. Nominee approved. Now being told it could take 6 would weeks for Tesla to receive title from the DMV. Make no sense - this is a lease transfer, not ownership. Thanks
They still need the owner on the pink slip to be changed. The real question is whether Tesla is the one dragging their feet or the DMV.

Why would Tesla drag their feet? They don't have anything to gain, either. Which is the real problem. Neither entity has any real incentive to be speedy, and either, or both, could just be being slow out of bureaucratic inertia.
Well, if you think that you cannot actually take over a lease and still want a Tesla, the only option for you to lease new, which increases their sales. Tesla has a few things to lose, though. I don't think anyone going through this terrible process will want to touch a Tesla ever again.

Hi Birdistheword, what happened? Were you able to transfer your lease? Did the issue resolve? I'm having the same issue right now.
The issue has been resolved. I did this: stopped paying for a couple of months AND physically went to DMW, got printed copy showing title had been sent to Tesla. Then Tesla contacted me and I showed them they had title. Within a couple of weeks they magically found title.

Reactions: davewill