Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charge Port Pin Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure it used to be there but the left pin "cover" appears to be missing. I can supercharge and L2 charge fine still.....
See in the photo I attached. Warranty? Common? By design?

Attachments

• teslaplug.jpg
    teslaplug.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 130
Yeah, looks like the end of the left pin is missing. Guessing it is a press fit piece that got jostled and came off. Somewhere there is a Supercharger the doesn't plug in all the way (except for your car). If there is a common location you use, it might be worth giving Tesla a head's up.

Edit: check your charge cable(s) first.

Reactions: chammerbeck
Ha! New way of reserving my own Supercharger stall....LOL. Probably explains the Supercharger at St. Joe, MI that wouldn't go all the way in on my car...similar happening I guess. Although I never used these chargers before. So mine is somewhere else....will check tonight at home. The outer stall at the Country Club, IL location had something stuck in the charger plug. I tried to pull it out with needle nose pliers but couldn't get it out. Had to move to a different stall. Wanted to call Tesla and alert the problems to them at both locations but I couldn't see an easy way to do it. Holiday too..... I thought the app had a link to Tesla support. Still wondering if this is a common problem.