Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Coat Hooks: What am I missing?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I just took delivery of some Tesla coat hooks from their online store. The description says, "Tesla Coat Hooks attach onto first row seatbacks with a simple snap system. Designed to fit Model X, or Model S built before 12/9/2019." My Model S is a 2016, but these clearly don't fit my premium leather seats. What the heck?!

So, I just took delivery of some Tesla coat hooks from their online store. The description says, "Tesla Coat Hooks attach onto first row seatbacks with a simple snap system. Designed to fit Model X, or Model S built before 12/9/2019." My Model S is a 2016, but these clearly don't fit my premium leather seats. What the heck?!

Yeah, they didn't fit my 2018 Model S (premium interior) either. I returned them.

OK, so it's not just me. I ordered the coat hooks (part 1458421-00-A ) for my 2014 MS as the website claimed they were compatible. But they clearly don't fit, and the back of my seats doesn't match the installation diagrams. Time to return them. Tesla would save a lot of shipping and handling costs if they'd just update the website.