Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cockpit non-app BETA 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alexa (echo) Update Live!

Wanted to drop a quick note to let you all know that Amazon has approved the new version of the Tesla Cockpit Alexa skill. The skill is now available in the UK and other select European counties, big thank you to the our Euro drivers for helping with internationalization of the system.

--Support for all Tesla Models
--Performance updates have been applied to increase the speed of responses.
--SmartClimate which allows drivers to schedule climate to turn on at a predetermined day and time.
--Previous Drive Information
--Previous Charge Information

The updated list of sample interactions;

• Schedule SmartClimate
    o Alexa, ask my car to schedule smart climate Tuesday at 5PM
    o Alexa, ask my car to schedule smart climate on tomorrow at noon
    o Alexa, ask my car to schedule smart climate on Monday at 4AM.
    o Alexa, ask my car to schedule smart climate for Wednesday.
    o Alexa, ask my car to start smart climate for Wednesday.
    • Turning Climate On
    o Alexa, ask my car to Heat up
    o Alexa, ask my car to Heat
    o Alexa, ask my car to heat my tesla
    o Alexa, ask my car to Cool
    o Alexa, ask my car to cool down
    o Alexa, ask my car to cool its jets
    • Honking Horn
    o Alexa, ask my car to Honk the horn
    o Alexa, ask my car to Honk its horn
    o Alexa, ask my car to Honk my horn
    o Alexa, ask my car to Honk horn
    o Alexa, ask my car if I can get a woot woot
    o Alexa, ask my car if I can get a what what
    o Alexa, ask my car to speak
    • Flashing Lights
    o Alexa, ask my car to Flash the lights.
    o Alexa, ask my car to Flash my lights.
    o Alexa, ask my car to wink at me
    o Alexa, ask my car to flash its lights
    o Alexa, ask my car to flash me
    • Vehicle Location
    o Alexa, ask my car where my car is
    o Alexa, ask my car where my Tesla is
    o Alexa, ask my car where it is
    o Alexa, ask my car where it at
    o Alexa, ask my car what’s its twenty
    o Alexa, ask my car dude where is my car
    o Alexa, ask my car what’s its location
    • Previous Drive Information
    o Alexa, ask my car where it has been
    o Alexa, ask my car where it’s been
    o Alexa, ask my car for recent drives
    o Alexa, ask my car for a drive readout
    o Alexa, ask my car about drive history
    o Alexa, ask my car drive history
    • Previous Charge Information
    o Alexa, ask my car about charge history
    o Alexa, ask my car for a charge readout
    o Alexa, ask my car about recent charges
    o Alexa, ask my car for recent charges
    o Alexa, ask my car for charge history
    o Alexa, ask my car recent charges
    o Alexa, ask my car about charges

This looks really cool. Is it still the case the only way to use this is to supply my tesla.com login/password? Even the login-by-token still seems to require a username/password and I don't see how to otherwise register.

This looks really cool. Is it still the case the only way to use this is to supply my tesla.com login/password? Even the login-by-token still seems to require a username/password and I don't see how to otherwise register.
Hello,

The username and password on the token login is something you choose and has nothing to do with your actual tesla credentials, it's a login for the site.

Let me know if that answers your questions and have a great night!

Thank you for this nice app.
I have one curiosity.
In the event table, there are many frequent charge port engaged/disengaged events. Actually, I am not charging during the night parking. Can we configure this setting? In the last night, I lost almost 10miles due to these frequent events compared to my usual.
Thanks

Thank you for this nice app.
I have one curiosity.
In the event table, there are many frequent charge port engaged/disengaged events. Actually, I am not charging during the night parking. Can we configure this setting? In the last night, I lost almost 10miles due to these frequent events compared to my usual.
Thanks

Hello Joonmyung,

In the configuration section you can control how often the data is collected from the vehicle. Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Friday folks, hope you all had a great week!

It's been a while since I've updated this thread but that doesn't mean stuff isn't going on, here a small sample of the highlights;
  • Creative folks are just about done with the mockups for the vNext user interface
  • Energy module has been added to the interface
  • The Beta version of the Creators API is now available.
The best place for updates, feedback and comments is our user voice site.

As always a big thank you to the community for the feedback, suggestions and comments!

Have a great weekend.

Reactions: Alain13
Hello fellow Tesla Folks, Happy Friday!

Wanted to provide a quick update on the Tesla Cockpit as to what is has been going on.
  • Site
  • Build v0.9.180 has been pushed up to the site which at a high level includes
  • Dashboard
    • Total Energy Cost of Vehicle
  • Miles/KM per Kilowatt
  • Average cost of Kilowatt
  • Average Cost of Mile/KM
  • Various bug fixes
  • Energy
  • Initially collapsed sections. Trying something new based on feedback, rather than having everything shown on page load, sections will be on demand.
  • Added “Battery Efficiency” section. This is comprised of two graphs. Battery range at 75% charge over time. Second, by year and charge percentage.
  • Charger names can now be edited in the “Chargers” section. When a pilot is the first one to a Supercharger they have the ability to set the name and notes and really becomes the “team captain” of that Supercharger.
  • Configuration
  • Token users can update the token in the “Account Information” section.
  • Cloud Service
  • Updates made to system due to Tesla API changes.
If you have any questions, comments and/or feedback please don't hesitate to reach out, best place is here.

Energy_BatteryEfficiency.png

Happy Friday!

First off I just want to personally thank everyone who has given the system a try, supplied feedback and comments, we really couldn’t have gotten this far without you.

As part of our effort to integrate the Tesla Cockpit with IoT devices such as home automation systems we have implemented Web End Point Activation (looking for suggestions on a less geeky way to present this).

This new End Point Builder allows pilots to create web end points using the GET, POST and PUT actions, add headers and request body against any internet accessible host. End Points can be activated alongside SMS and Email notifications for any notification type in the system. Additionally, Geo-fence “triggers” can also activate web end points.

Some of things we’ve done personally, but really the sky is the limit;
  • Activate “Drive Up” scene in the house, which turns on driveway, garage and landscape lighting if it is dark outside when the “Home” Geo-fence is activated.
  • Activate “Drive Up” scene in the house, which opens the garage and unlocks back door when the “Home” Geo-fence is activated. I actually implemented this at my house but decided it was probably not the best idea from a security perspective.
  • Activate “Prep House” scene at the vacation house that turns the climate on, entry lights, etc when a Geo-fence is triggered that is situated 30 minutes away.
  • Start playing “Eye of the Tiger” on the garage Sonos when “Home” Geo-fence activated.
  • Flash bedroom light when charging is complete.
Again, a big thanks for all the early adopters who truly make this system unique and better for everyone.

Version: 0.9.195

Build Label: BETA2V4

EndPoints_ExistingEndPoints.png
EndPoints_EndPointBuilder.png

Configuration_NotificationSettings.png
Configuration_GeoFencing.png

Wanted to share some of the implementations that Tesla Cockpit pilots have come up with the new Web Activation feature.

Phillips Hue

Turn on light/Group when charging started/completed
Turn on light/Group when Geo-Fence activated
Getting started | Philips Hue API

Sonos

Play custom announcement “song” when Geo-fence activated.
Start playing music when Geo-fence activated.
Sonos HTTP API - run commands to Sonos via http

Universal Devices ISY Home Automation “brain”
Turn on lighting scene when Geo-Fence activated
Enable thermostat when Geo-Fence activated.
ISY Developers:API:REST Interface - Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki

Nest

Enable thermostat when Geo-Fence activated.
About the Nest API | Nest Developers

Have a fantastic weekend!

• Love