Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What can we do with the Tesla API: trip registration, dynamic charging, ERP integration, other ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I am a proud owner of a fleet of Tesla's, a Netherlands based entrepreneur and a tech enthusiast that tries to help tech-fixing societies issues. My first Tesla S is a 2015 blue one - hence the name Blue Ocean :)

Based on my experiences with our own fleet of model S and 3 vehicles, one of my companies (Yeshugo.com) has developed several apps based on the Tesla API.

We are wicked enthusiastic about the results and opportunities we experience:

1. highly accurate trip registration (for e.g. tax purposes)
2. real time battery status integrated with planning / ERP to optimize charging strategy and trip planning (and overcome range anxiety)
3. energy consumption analyses - and with that sustainable driving coaching

And yes.. registration and login are secure, we comply to GDPR.

We tested the integration and application now with thousands of vehicles and are ready for the next phase.

And here comes my question:

1. Would you have any suggestions to improve our apps for your fleet of Tesla's / your Tesla?

2. Would you be interested in dynamic charging -> charging based on dynamic energy cost?
3. How can we contribute to further electrification of mobility?

One opportunity we see is to Open Source parts of the connectivity software, to facilitate the community to experiment and explore new possibilities, please let me know if you would be interested to discuss this with me and our engineers.

Not sure of this is the right place to issues my questions, but let’s give it a shot :)

Hi everyone,

I am a proud owner of a fleet of Tesla's, a Netherlands based entrepreneur and a tech enthusiast that tries to help tech-fixing societies issues. My first Tesla S is a 2015 blue one - hence the name Blue Ocean :)

Based on my experiences with our own fleet of model S and 3 vehicles, one of my companies (Yeshugo.com) has developed several apps based on the Tesla API.

We are wicked enthusiastic about the results and opportunities we experience:

1. highly accurate trip registration (for e.g. tax purposes)
2. real time battery status integrated with planning / ERP to optimize charging strategy and trip planning (and overcome range anxiety)
3. energy consumption analyses - and with that sustainable driving coaching

And yes.. registration and login are secure, we comply to GDPR.

We tested the integration and application now with thousands of vehicles and are ready for the next phase.

And here comes my question:

1. Would you have any suggestions to improve our apps for your fleet of Tesla's / your Tesla?

2. Would you be interested in dynamic charging -> charging based on dynamic energy cost?
3. How can we contribute to further electrification of mobility?

One opportunity we see is to Open Source parts of the connectivity software, to facilitate the community to experiment and explore new possibilities, please let me know if you would be interested to discuss this with me and our engineers.

Not sure of this is the right place to issues my questions, but let’s give it a shot :)
I would like to change the charge current in base of my FV inverter production. This should be a simple app but the number of different inverter is big.
Which api to you use to develop your app? I'm trying to use Tim Dorr doc but I think it's not updated to the last tesla fw version and I'm blocked. Any suggestion? Thanks