Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla damaged my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GOATMaster

Goat 🐐 Overlord
Supporting Member
Apr 23, 2022
Dallas
I took my car in for the MCU2 upgrade and a seatbelt replacement, when I picked up the car I noticed scratches on the steering wheel, the screen bezels were dented, my dashboard was loose, there was an extra screw in the cup holder. My wife noticed the trim on the b-piller was cut and scuffed up with pry marks as well.

I had to wait 3.5 weeks to get back in so they could look at their mistakes. I fully expected them to deny everything and accept no blame due to the fact my car is a bit over 6 years old.

The service tech reviewed the issues and did the write up.

I also had a suspension issue start while waiting for my service appointment, the service tech deemed it a safety issue and they said I would need to leave the car there.

I actually got a loaner car vs Uber credits (LRM3) for the 1st time which was nice as I live outside the city.

A few hours later I got the write up and to my surprise they are replacing everything, dashboard, screen bezels, steering wheel, both b-piller trims.

Although the work was sloppy, I am VERY impressed with their accountability.

Screenshot_20220812_015739_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20220812_015755_OneDrive.jpg

20220718_132919.jpg
20220718_132804.jpg

20220718_132440.jpg

Reactions: mswlogo