Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla End of Lease Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any experiences people want to share about coming off the US Bank lease?

I leased the car in summer '15 because I figured Tesla would continue to add features/functions and that the lease would put me on a scheduled upgrade plan - I'd get a new one every three years but not be tempted to jump in to a new one any faster than that. (I've never leased any other car.) I put down the maximum allowable front side payment so my monthly is pretty low ($800).

Fast forward to now. All things being equal I'd rather just hang on the the P85D. There's nothing about the new cars that is compelling enough to make me want to switch. Problem is the buy out is too high to justify - it would be better just to get a new 75D.

Question: Has anyone coming off the US Bank lease been able to extend the lease even for a year? Ideally I'd keep the car another year, run out the warranty and see if Tesla comes up with anything cool b/w now and summer '19.

Thanks.
Tim in Nashville

I extended my lease for 3 months, super easy to do, just call. I did the 15k miles/year and I am about 10k under that, so miles are not an issue. I originally leased March 15. I am hoping to be able to get in on a interior update. Though may not be the best financial decision because now I have to pay for registration and a yearly service.

I extended my lease for 3 months, super easy to do, just call. I did the 15k miles/year and I am about 10k under that, so miles are not an issue. I originally leased March 15. I am hoping to be able to get in on a interior update. Though may not be the best financial decision because now I have to pay for registration and a yearly service.

Sweet. I hope I can do that. I'll call them as it gets closer in.

I called USB and they said I had to wait until I was within 60 days of the end of my lease. They said they can extend it for 2 months and if I wanted to extend it longer than that, I would have to have a good reason and get a supervisors approval.

Conversely, I extended the lease on my VW eGolf and they said I could do it for up to 6 months with no problem.

Anyone that leases through US Bank ending their lease soon or ended already? Curious what is the experiences like with trade in for a CPO or buy out of the vehicle. I asked US Bank a year ago on mine, but their answer was very vague.