Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy (Solar) not serving Staten Island NY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone is familiar with the matter.

Finally decided to pull the trigger and price out a new Solar panel system with a Powerwall from Tesla. Entered my address and got: "Sorry, we don't currently serve this area, but will contact you once we do."

Called them and they said the same thing.

Has anyone gotten a recent install from them in Staten Island/ NYC ConEd area?

Yeah, its a wonder why Tesla is having difficulty selling their energy equipment when they don't even service the largest metropolitan area in the US. :rolleyes:
I'm not too surprised. They don't really sell their energy products outside of California, and other western states, with the exception of Florida & Maryland. Granted, I am only in the 43rd largest metropolitan area, but I've been trying to get their panels and powerwall for several years now. I placed a deposit over a year ago and still have not received even an email. We've finally decided to join a co-op with 50 other people to do solar and energy storage with a different company. When we get installed we will cancel our deposit with Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: morbidz
Yeah, its a wonder why Tesla is having difficulty selling their energy equipment when they don't even service the largest metropolitan area in the US. :rolleyes:
I'm not too surprised. They don't really sell their energy products outside of California, and other western states, with the exception of Florida & Maryland. Granted, I am only in the 43rd largest metropolitan area, but I've been trying to get their panels and powerwall for several years now. I placed a deposit over a year ago and still have not received even an email. We've finally decided to join a co-op with 50 other people to do solar and energy storage with a different company. When we get installed we will cancel our deposit with Tesla.
Actually, Tesla installed solar panels to my friend on Long Island, NY.

Curious if anyone is familiar with the matter.

Finally decided to pull the trigger and price out a new Solar panel system with a Powerwall from Tesla. Entered my address and got: "Sorry, we don't currently serve this area, but will contact you once we do."

Called them and they said the same thing.

Has anyone gotten a recent install from them in Staten Island/ NYC ConEd area?
I think they are out of panels for the next six months… I ordered in November was told I’m they would be installed feb 5th… then a few weeks ago they said due to supply constraints it won’t be till April 15… hopefully that’s the last delay because I hear PTO can take a long time and if they aren’t this year I’ll piss out on 3% tax credit…

Well, none of this is true 👍

Reactions: morbidz
I think they are out of panels for the next six months… I ordered in November was told I’m they would be installed feb 5th… then a few weeks ago they said due to supply constraints it won’t be till April 15… hopefully that’s the last delay because I hear PTO can take a long time and if they aren’t this year I’ll piss out on 3% tax credit…
It's not a supply issue in NYC - Tesla energy does NOT install in the 5 boroughs at all. Never has.