Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Exhibit @ Petersen Museum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems they have a copy of the Startman Roadster there. Did they paint another one to match Elon's #686 ?

Pic%2013JR.jpg

I wonder what VIN that is?... If only we could open the door and look at the VIN sticker on it.

Last edited:
The above looks like a complete car including brake discs. The original thing they sent to space seemed to be gutted... In this picture you can see through to the other side through the wheels:
tesla-roadster-in-space.jpg

(From Tesla Roadster In Space - 2873541 )

Looks like no windshield wiper on the one that went to space:
27449863849-709e135a98-o-1517341241.jpg

How is Startman supposed to clear the asteroid debris off his windshield?! :p

Last edited:
Got a chance to spend the day at the Petersen on Saturday (nice having a day alone). A lot of cool Tesla things to see, taking over the entire Grand Salon on the first floor. A day well spent.

And I always love seeing the 1925 Rolls-Royce Phantom Round Door - one of the best cars in their collection IMO.

I was at the museum on Tuesday (I'm on vacay in So Cal) and did go see Tesla | Tesla Cars at the Petersen Museum Exhibition — Petersen Automotive Museum, spanning an entire exhibit area on the 1st floor.

I'd recommend it for Tesla fans if you're in So Cal or happen to be visiting. Looks like it'll be there thru Oct 22, 2023. No idea about the funding of this but obviously, the vehicles including the test mule and drive units were provided by Tesla. Overall, the exhibit sure smells like a form of marketing to me (just like the VW exhibit on a higher floor).

Overall, the exhibit sure smells like a form of marketing to me (just like the VW exhibit on a higher floor).
. . . except that the VW exhibit contains a lot of bold-faced, self-serving lies while everything at the Tesla exhibit brought me down memory lane starting with the t-zero. The only major milestone in what became Tesla that was missing was the Wrightspeed X1.

Last edited:
Reactions: TEG