Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla home delivery (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first experience of my new Model 3 has been extremely disappointing!
Tesla now deliver new cars to your home or workplace in the UK using a third party to drive the cars to you.
There was no communication on the day of delivery - Tesla don’t know where the car is, saying the delivery driver will inform you when he is enroute to you. I received no details and the driver said it was up to Tesla to inform you! So the car turns up at 18:45 (and it is now dark) on Friday night! The driver takes you through basic setup of steering wheel and mirrors, opens the trunk and boot (trunk) and that is it!! the car is dirty both outside and inside - they have not even used paper mats to protect the carpet. Most of the surfaces inside are covered in protective plastic. The passenger seat still has a QR label on it!
To me the condition of my car is unacceptable but what makes it worse is that there is no way to communicate this to Tesla as they are closed for the weekend
Any suggestions on what I should do apart from waiting until Monday morning?

Attachments

• Tesla Model 3 - Delivery Pic 01.jpg
    Tesla Model 3 - Delivery Pic 01.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 441
  • Tesla Model 3 - Delivery Pic 12.jpg
    Tesla Model 3 - Delivery Pic 12.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 371
New member and first post so please excuse and errors!

The finance company providing mine said they'd started rolling out delivery this week to combat Corona virus. Would be interested to see if a lot of the third party delivery services are at this standard. Mine is arriving at the end of the week so will keep you posted

Tesla have outsourced their deliveries to a company called AutoXP (based in Banbury). Tesla told me that AuotXP should send you an email which will have a link that will allow you to track your car. I would recommend that you check if they have used paper mats in the car - I understand that they are supposed to!
Do make sure that your finance company tells Tesla that you will be the driver sooner rather than later. If not you will see 'There are no products linked to your Tesla account' when you sign in to the Tesla app. I am still waiting for Tesla to do so for me, so cannot use my phone to control the car :-(
I hope that your delivery is painless and an enjoyable experience! However, if you do have problems, document them and email [email protected] with the information although don't expect a speedy response!
I await to hear how your delivery was and wish you many happy miles in your Model 3