Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I Just Get Unlucky?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Lintjerk, can you share how they fix your 'Vibrating driver's side mirror' as i'm having the same issue and waiting next 3 week for service.
They ended up replacing the entire driver's side mirror assembly - which fixed the vibration. However they left 5 clips undone from when they took off the inner door panel that caused a CRAZY annoying squeaking until I figured out the problem, and the new mirror whistles at 50+ mph - which goes away when i tape over the gap in the triangle, so i'm going to just stuff a piece of gasket in there here shortly...

All the problems you listed are build quality noise problems. Personally, I would not categorize those into real warranty repair issues. Although you could ask the service to fix, it may or may not fix it. It may make it even worse. Water leak into interior is definitely a no, must redo the seal and test with spraying water.

If you want better build quality, go for a traditional manufacturer EV. Definitely better in build quality, fit and finish.
most of the squeaks and whistles i agree. the washer or whatever sliding around in my drivers front hvac vent i would definitely consider a warranty issue though.

They ended up replacing the entire driver's side mirror assembly - which fixed the vibration. However they left 5 clips undone from when they took off the inner door panel that caused a CRAZY annoying squeaking until I figured out the problem, and the new mirror whistles at 50+ mph - which goes away when i tape over the gap in the triangle, so i'm going to just stuff a piece of gasket in there here shortly...

Issue like these are why I DIY this type of thing myself. Having lazy or incompetent techs working on my new car,
isn't happening. I saw all these young kids working in the SC and wouldn't dream of letting them work
on my car. The lack of experience is astounding. IDK where they train at and IMO, it's on you car. YMMV!

yeah...after realizing almost none of the panel clips were attached and THAT was causing the new noise, i fully trust myself more than the techs to fix these sorts of issues... i'd tackle the water ingress myself too if it weren't a potential lemon law case.

Reactions: DrDiesel1
They ended up replacing the entire driver's side mirror assembly - which fixed the vibration. However they left 5 clips undone from when they took off the inner door panel that caused a CRAZY annoying squeaking until I figured out the problem, and the new mirror whistles at 50+ mph - which goes away when i tape over the gap in the triangle, so i'm going to just stuff a piece of gasket in there here shortly.
Thank you for the replied. I have mobile tech come over tomorrow to fix driver side mirror vibration. Not sure if they replace whole mirror assembly. If you don't mind can you show the picture where you tape over the gap in the triangle that cause whistles noise. I can't imagine that. Mine does not have any Whistles at now but will test to see if it happening after service.
Thank you