Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance - additional drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello -

I was looking to buy insurance from Tesla and i got a quote for the premium for ~$170/Mo. A few questions:

1. Does the Tesla insurance take into latest driving record when one signs up?
2. I added additional drivers and the premium did not change at all. Does Tesla insurance not charge for additional drivers?
3. Does the premium change drastically month to month, or can I assume it is mostly stable?

thanks

Hello -

I was looking to buy insurance from Tesla and i got a quote for the premium for ~$170/Mo. A few questions:

1. Does the Tesla insurance take into latest driving record when one signs up?
2. I added additional drivers and the premium did not change at all. Does Tesla insurance not charge for additional drivers?
3. Does the premium change drastically month to month, or can I assume it is mostly stable?

thanks
1. Tesla insurance starts with a baseline Safety Score of 95. After one month of driving history, your Safety Score is based on your actual driving.

2. Correct; no change. I added my 19 y/o daughter and my insurance cost changed by $0. That's one of the many reasons I use Tesla insurance

3. My monthly premium varies $90 - 140/month with one car. With two cars (premium x 2) cost is $75 - 90/month...so a discount for multiple cars insured.

1. Tesla insurance starts with a baseline Safety Score of 95. After one month of driving history, your Safety Score is based on your actual driving.

2. Correct; no change. I added my 19 y/o daughter and my insurance cost changed by $0. That's one of the many reasons I use Tesla insurance

3. My monthly premium varies $90 - 140/month with one car. With two cars (premium x 2) cost is $75 - 90/month...so a discount for multiple cars insured.
Thank you!

Reactions: Pricedm
I tried adding an additional driver to my Tesla insurance, but the Tesla app shows only the primary person on the ID card. Only the declarations page shows them as an additional driver. So when the police pull you over, you have to show both the declaration page with the additional driver's name and the ID with only the primary person name. Any advise on this.

I tried adding an additional driver to my Tesla insurance, but the Tesla app shows only the primary person on the ID card. Only the declarations page shows them as an additional driver. So when the police pull you over, you have to show both the declaration page with the additional driver's name and the ID with only the primary person name. Any advise on this.
I thought most auto insurance cover guest drivers (aside from excluded household members)? Such that police wouldn't necessarily have a big issue if some is or isn't listed on the ID card during a traffic stop or accident?