Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 Safety Score premium in Zip Code 77583 (Houston, TX exurb)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ted'sla

2024 MYLR in MSM
Jan 20, 2024
Rosharon, Texas
2024 Model Y Long Range - Tesla Insurance

Months 1 and 2 premiums for full coverage and estimated annual miles of either 5,000 or 6,000 - $150 and change, plus the initial couple bucks in the first month.

Month 3, after a 99 Safety Score and only 163 miles in Month 1 - $85.63.

Month 4, after a 100% Safety Score (only reduction was 0.4% for the ridiculous and unavoidable "unsafe following") and only 98 miles in Month 2 - $80.84.

I'll find out, after I start adding miles, what THAT does to the premium but, with very little driving, 1% was worth about 5 extra bucks left for charities when I croak. I hope they appreciate it more that the frustrated drivers around me while I'm playing the Safety Score game! (Methinks it's time to "retire" from the game and let the chips fall where they may. I can always clench my cheeks again if my next premium jumps too high.)

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
I have a Tesla insurance too. Tried shopping around but Tesla is by far the cheapest option (mine went from $113 to $84 in four months, 6-7k annual miles estimate and 98-99 score. While I am spending lot less on insurance with Tesla, like you said, I too play this safety score game and realized that I am losing out on all the fun driving the car, always being cautious as to not cause any violation and reduce the score. I am thinking either I will get another insurance even though it will be lot more expensive or just don’t give damn to Thai safety score and let it be whatever it is.

Reactions: Ted'sla
I have a Tesla insurance too. Tried shopping around but Tesla is by far the cheapest option (mine went from $113 to $84 in four months, 6-7k annual miles estimate and 98-99 score. While I am spending lot less on insurance with Tesla, like you said, I too play this safety score game and realized that I am losing out on all the fun driving the car, always being cautious as to not cause any violation and reduce the score. I am thinking either I will get another insurance even though it will be lot more expensive or just don’t give damn to Thai safety score and let it be whatever it is.
When you're right, you're right! I not only lose out on all the fun of driving the car, but also JUST DRIVING THE CAR. Between the Safety Score and the PPF boogiemen, I dread going below 100 and coming home with a miniscule paint chip. I'm NOT spending $4k to $8k to put a sofa cover on a MYLR that cost me $38k after tax credit!!!

Reactions: MSLR2023ULTRED