Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Invites Consumers to Experience the Tesla Arcade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

After Tesla recently announced plans to offer more gaming options for the entertainment systems available in its cars, the automaker said Tuesday it is inviting consumers to showrooms to “experience the new Tesla Arcade.”

The company also tweeted a teaser video for a new racing game, Beach Buggy Racing 2, that is controlled with the vehicle’s steering wheel when the car is parked.

Chief Executive Elon Musk recently said on Twitter that the company is working on porting the Unity and Unreal video game engines, which are among the most popular development platforms for games.

Musk first revealed Tesla’s efforts to bring games to its cars last August when he announced the “TeslaAtari,” which includes classic titles like Centipede, Asteroids, Missile Command, Super Breakout and 2048.

Check out Tesla’s invitation to “Experience the Arcade” below.

Experience the Tesla ArcadeGlobal Tesla ShowroomsJune 18 — June 30Bring your friends and family to a Tesla showroom to experience the new Tesla Arcade until June 30.Access the full library of games directly from the vehicle’s touchscreen to play gaming classics like Atari Missile Command and Asteroids – or experience our newest addition, Beach Buggy Racing 2, a kart racing game where you can careen, blast and launch your way through 22 tracks. Players can recruit new drivers (see if you can find our favorite) and use the steering wheel controls for the most immersive gaming experience.If you’re interested in stopping by, kindly RSVP and visit a store near you.Learn more about the latest performance features during your visit or schedule a test drive for the real thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably, yes, you may be right.

I'll take a look.

I sat across from a Jag iPace at the last EV show where I parked my model S and model 3...
These newcomer EVs are looking real good to street eyes who are new and wanting to get into EV.
They'll notice a nice UI when they see one.

Talked to the owner of iPace, who doesn't care about less range or efficiency of his car, he was very well aware of Tesla's advantages in these areas. But he waited until Jag was available, as it satisfies all of his driving use cases without charging in the day. And it's a gorgeous vehicle.

I hopped in the Jag's back seat and glanced at the dashboard... and it has smartly integrated center screen that blends seamlessly into the dash, all black, with a nice Jag cat logo (yes, skeumorphic: raised chrome ornament) displayed when the screen is idle. Very classy touch you can't even tell a screen is there - it just looks like a Jag logo placed on a dashboard.

Tesla has a washed out flat T fang logo on a grey washed out screen background on a very obvious screen-stuck-on-the-dash... and this logo shows only when rebooting or powering up for a minute.

So before any fun even begins on either screen, just sitting there in a showroom... I have to say the UI advantage goes to Jag, on display quality. Let's talk about yellow edges on a Tesla screen now....

Face it. If all that the I-Pace and e-tron have is nice upholstery and old-style graphics, then they have a loser on their hands. BEVs are going to be judge for their efficiency and longevity in the marketplace, not whether there is chrome on the ornaments.

The fact is that Tesla is years ahead here and, given their style, will remain so for years to come. Bad news for legacy automakers that delayed getting into this market for so long. They've let Tesla eat their lunch.

Reactions: jgs
I guess what I'm saying is, yes it's good in theory and sounds like it will help... but I'll believe it only when I see it.

So show me something Tesla. Take something off the backlog and fix it. No new farts for us old farts.

Fair enough. With the recent games that have been ported, the initial ports of Unreal and Unity appear nearly done. To step beyond the games requires adding interfaces to the car and some sort of app store.

You could be right that Tesla only supports games. But if they go beyond that, we should it this year.

Last edited:
Fair enough. With the recent games that have been ported, the initial ports of Unreal and Unity appear nearly done. To step beyond the games requires adding interfaces to the car and some sort of app store.

You could be right that Tesla only supports games. But if they go beyond that, we should it this year.

Musk has stated that an App Store is not appropriate until there are more Teslas sold - maybe viable at half a million or a million. The current game development, however, is proof-of-concept that a lot of integration CAN occur with the vehicle.

Additionally, along with V3 accelerating charge times, games on your vehicle computer are the perfect relaxation when you are on a trip and waiting at a Supercharger to 'refill'. These games have a very good purpose in mitigating any issues owners have with charge waits. You won't see an I-Pace or e-tron with this technology - you'll simply wait in their vehicles at a charge point while on a road trip.

Tesla is primarily a software company. The developers are always looking for another 'Easter egg' to add to the system - its what keeps them excited about the vehicles beyond the tweaks to improve core functionality. I never expect this to end while I also expect core development to continue into the future...