Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lease- Early Termination Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In September 2020 I picked up a Model 3 Long Range leased directly with Tesla... the product was 'Tesla Lease' which they do not offer these days.

It was a 4 year deal, with 15k miles per year.

I handed it back yesterday after 2 years, with 42k miles on the odometer and three curbed alloys... and they just confirmed they will charged me... £zero! Unbelievable!

Model Y being delivered on Tuesday.... WHOOP!

My Model 3 is now showing in the used inventory...

Interestingly it is being offered with Enhanced Autopilot which it didn't have
They do this a lot to justify higher retail price. Cost of upgrade to Tesla must be 2p in WiFi data 🤣

Reactions: pevz
It's just software, they can and will adjust the features as they see fit. When someone is eyeing up inventory, they'll include the extra £3,400/6,800 in their "Am I getting good value" calculation. Costs Tesla nothing, except the possibility of selling EAP/FSD later (I assume takeup is 25% for EAP?)
At the start of the quarter, they'll offer it with FSD, mid quarter EAP and end of quarter they'll drop to standard autopilot to clear stock

My Model 3 is now showing in the used inventory...

Interestingly it is being offered with Enhanced Autopilot which it didn't have
Costs them nothing and means they can make the car more appealing and keep the price up! Last time I looked at inventory every single used car came with EAP.