Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Mis) Direct Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is the 2nd day I was promised delivery and it won't be arriving. I've had a lot of company and lease cars over the years and never had so many issues dealing with a manufacturer. I spoke to someone at AutoXP today who called me back standing in front of my car giving me the bad news that it won't be arriving. Way too many orders to fulfil and not enough people.

Most of the cars are at Banbury - Google Maps (turn satellite view on).

Mine turned up at 20:00 tonight after an ETA of 16:30; all good so far. I hope this service shapes up over the next few years; It had an air of uncertainty all the way through, even though I actually knew more about where the car was than I previously had done with other cars.

I hope everyone else’s delivery goes smoothly!

Well my car was onboard MORNING CARA and I took a call on Wednesday from Tesla Direct saying its out for delivery Monday. Last night I get a random email stating “apologies for the delayed receipt of your Tesla. Unforeseen exceptional circumstances have occurred which has affected our delivery process”. Goes on to say they’ve taken immediate action and I have been sent an email with an alternative date (which I haven’t had).

Very odd, tried to call them but as the post above I just get mailbox full and cut off. Sounds like Auto XP has bitten off more than they can chew.

Got mine delivered yesterday at 1PM. Driver was nice enough, couldn't find any faults with the car part from it being dirty inside and out. Windscreen had white writing in the corner and some coloured dot stickers. Needless to say I'm glad it's that and not misaligned panels or missing cables! The guy had driven from Carlisle so arrived with 122 miles.

AutoXp hadn't sent a text the day before. I called at 12 expecting to be told it's not being delivered but got told driver is enroute and only an hour away!
Been waiting since Nov, but the car is something special!!!

Reactions: CP30